It's taken Richard and I three weeks (or rather weekends) hard slog but we have finished painting the hallway in the house.
The house was painted white throughout and it's looked nice but the hallway has taken a bit of a brushing due to the amount of traffic it receives. We did think about getting a painter and decorator in but decided to do the job ourselves.
We also decided to add a splash of colour and the colour scheme came from unusual sources.
Richard suggested we have a feature wall on each floor where we pick out the lime green that we had on the lamps in the hall. A bold statement but one I liked the sound of.
I visited the LOLCat Exhibisun on my birthday and feel in love with a photo of a cat in a prisoner outfit (“Fudge”), who had been incarcerated for using and dealing in catnip 🙂 I hadn't thought about where to hang the print when I got it but it didn't take me long to consider hanging it in the downstairs cloak.
The key colours in the print also gave me the idea to have a bold feature wall in the cloak room and paint it orange. Not something I have ever considered before but Richard liked the idea.
We bought two large builders size drums of white paint and started our decorating adventure three weeks ago. Neither of us really expected to use as much paint as we had and ended uo using three drums of paint.
We've painted all the ceilings and walls white and then added orange to the cloak and green to the front walls of the downstairs hall and the first floor (as the house is built into the roof there is no wall on the second floor to repeat this pattern).
The coloured walls have had a couple coats each and are looking very vibrant and spring like.
For a snap decision to add colour we are both really pleased with our endeavour and proud of our efforts.
It's been a lot of work and has taken over the majority of our last three weekends but it's looking good.
It may not be spring outside but it sure is inside 🙂