I am however more knowledgeable about the following:
- Canada is a BIG place
- Vancouver Island and the lakes are just as big
- Canadians are friendly (some very cute) and courteous…
- Although they say fuck a lot!
- No matter how far you go you will always encounter someone from home (the barman at the lodge was from Brighton!)
- It takes several hours to walk the perimeter of Stanley Park – but it’s worth it
- Running Stanley Park at sunrise is breath-taking
- Vancouver is expensive
- Vancouver is very clean, open, breathtaking and friendly
- Met Vancouver has a lot of public art
- The seagulls on Granville Island are very pushy
- Vancouver is a city with a dark underbelly
- Tofino is a stunning place and wonderfully laid back
- The beaches are stunning and you get miles and miles to yourself
- The name Long Beach is a bit of an understatement!
- Uclulet really is like living on the edge!
- I could watch float planes take off and land in the harbour forever
- Storms in Vancouver Island are quite an event
- Finding bear prints on the beach can be a little disconcerting
- Every rustle in the woods makes you think you’ve seen a bear, cougar or wolf!
- Coffee in Canada is wonderful
- Tea (surprisingly) in some places in Canada is also wonderful
- Old American women on air planes are rude and obnoxious
- Having a flight delay because they need to fix a small part on the plane isn’t as scary as it sounds
- I absolutely loved every moment of the holiday and did not want to leave
- We are now saving our pennies to return…